Friday, December 17, 2021

Close Encounters of the Buddy Kind


Since arriving here this summer, the Overgrown Tabby and I have kept a respectful distance between us. I do whap him if he gets in my way (I was here first, and I'm a feisty girlcat; he came a month later, and is a big, lumbering, not-all-that-bright boy. I mean, when he crosses my path without prior approval, I hit him). Isn't that the Way of the Girlcat?

So imagine how surprised our Human was this morning to find us very nearly snuggling on the bed, as the sunshine streamed in after days of gloom. It was all going really well, too, until Buddy overstepped his bounds and stuck his nosicle in places it absolutely did not belong. Did I whap him? I will let you draw your own conclusions about that.

14 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

It is nice to see you both so close, but he did deserve a whap for that last photo!

Smudge said...

Well, those first three shots are just the most adorable, but we're pretty sure we know what that last one lead to. Baby steps?

TurtleLover said...

Nosicle ... ha ha ha ha ha ..... I totally agree with Cleo .... the first 3 shots were most adorable .... but ......

Catio Tales said...

Oh Gigi, you and the Budster are clearly forging a friendship there. Of course he needs teaching a thing or two about etiquette. So, how long before you are properly cuddled up asleep together ? Now we are eagerly awaiting that picture.

Eastside Cats said...

Methinks the lady doth protest too much!
*wink*

Megan said...

Big, lumbering, not-so-bright boys always push things just that little bit too far, don't they?

Megan
Sydney, Australia

The Island Cats said...

Well, you do have to keep him in line, Gigi.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Dang Gigi, there's the proof, not getting along is just an act?!?!

meowmeowmans said...

We think you two are becoming friends, Gigi. Buddy is a nice mancat, so please give hime a chance, okay?

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I don't know about the whap - if there are no photos, it didn't happen! ;-)

Pam and Teddy said...

I am happy to see that you two are at least "mostly" getting along...and "partially" being together for the occasional snooze. I think Buddy might be a little slow in receiving the message that you are not his "SNUGGLE BUDDY" but keeping a safe distance can still be companionable - and EVERYONE really does like a companion right Gigi?

Hugs, Teddy

Cathy Keisha said...

He obviously loves you and is trying to prove it. I guess though I would have whapped Spitty had he done the sniffy sniffy with me.

Savannah's Paw Tracks said...

*laughing my tail off*!!! Sheesh Buddy!!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

If you both can sit THAT close to each other, things are going well and will get better.