Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year

to all our furiends, Feline and Human (and canine and otherwise too)!

I have several items to report today.
First, we posted all about our fantabulous Secret Paws (Cody & Caren from Cat Chat) on the Secret Paws 2015 blog (here) so you can read all about my great haul. Thanks, Cody & Caren for the wonderful surprises!
Next, although the Humans last night were not too objectionable (they can't help being, well, Not Kitties), I was extremely happy to see their backsides so I could relax and watch the Human clean up and wash dishes till 2:30 a.m., MOL! I even let one of the guests (the Dad of Wally, Aggie and Miss Madie Mitten Kitten) pet my furry little head.
And Last but far from Least, today the Human finally let me open and enjoy my package of goodies from Finland(N). My fellow Royal, Punapippuri, sent me a giant calendar with a nearly life-size photo of himself. We wonder if Mr. Calendar Boy will appear on every month? Or will he share with his many furry (and unfurry) subjects? The Human says we must not look ahead so as to be surprised each month. To be honest, I really wasn't nearly as interested in the calendar as I was in the rest of the contents. Please notice the tongue action in the final photo. It's delicious!



16 comments:

Christy Paws said...

That's so cool that you have a friend in Finland. Glad it worked out ok with the extra humans.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

One of our New Years Resolutions is to visit our friends more often...today is the first day and it was fun to see your haul for Xmas, too!

meowmeowmans said...

Excellent gifts from Cody and Punapippuri!

Happy New Year to you and your awesome human, Spitty. We lubs you both lots!

Megan said...

Ha - glad that you could stay awake to snoopervise the Human still cleaning up after the party at 2.30am! That will teach her to invite friends over. (Although I am left wondering about the kinds of friends who would leave all the washing up for her to do - harrumph!)

And I think allowing a friend to pat you was an excellent way of letting the Human's friends know that she is just a Big Fat Liar when she says all those things about how difficult and moody you are. Another score!!!

The calendar sounds like a beauty. Not sure about the merits of not looking ahead. I mean, if the photo for September is an absolute knockout, let it be September all year I say! But if you're determined to be disciplined or if your Human simply makes it impossible for you to turn the pages when she's not looking, I hope that you will at least update us with the new pic on the first of each month throughout 2016.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Catio Tales said...

So glad you liked the gifts. We did wonder when you were going to be allowed to snort the polliwog. The cat butt coaster is for the Human - we notice the tailio is a bit frayed. Pöh. And I know I am a most excellent pin up for evry day of the year, but I decided to vary the images to keep you amused. Happy January!

Lone Star Cats said...

Glad ya finally got to open your gifties!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

OMC, I can practically smell the valerian all the way here in L.A.!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Those are wonderful gifts from Finland. We were sent a calendar also, but I have to admit we have looked at every month already. My mum took photos of me with my polliwog, and surprise, my tongue is sticking out too. Heaven!!!

Katie Isabella said...

Oh my goodness...what riches, darling.

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Looks like your New Year is off to a great start, Spitty!

Savannah's Paw Tracks said...

Such a fab holiday you have had Spitty. And that tongue action is a dead give away that you received a very nommy pressie

pilch92 said...

You are very lucky.

The Island Cats said...

Wow, Spitty, you sure did good with the presents. :). Happy New Year to you and your human.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Spitty we sure are happy you liked your Secret Paws prezzies from us! We just left you a comment there! xoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

Eastside Cats said...

Happy New Year, Spitty and Mom!

Cathy Keisha said...

Whoa! New Year’s prezzies. Doesn’t get much better than that. We’re working on our Secret Paws post now.