Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Day Late and a Dollar Short

Yeah, so evidently there was this "Blog Challenge" that everyone was supposed to do....yesterday or something. Oh well, with my Human lately, I'm lucky we're only a day late, and not a month.




1. How long have you been blogging and provide a link to your post from last year’s Pet Blogger Challenge so we can refresh our memories.
Our first post was on April 14, 2010. This is what we had to say back on January 13, 2012. (I guess we were even later last year, ha ha ha!)

2. What do you consider the most important goals you set out in last year’s post?
Myself, I try not to actually have too many goals. Or any, really. That way, I am never disappointed in myself. Now that doesn't mean I don't like to set goals for the Human, of course, and last year I told her on January 1 that I wanted to post every day for a year. She whined and complained and asked why we had to start in a year that had a freaking extra day in it, but I insisted. 

3. Have you made progress toward those goals, or have your goals changed over the past year?
We did manage to post every day last year, which is great, but now the Human feels all smug about it and I can't complain as much as I would like to.

4. How often do you post?
Well, so far we have posted every day this month, but the Human says she doesn't think she's got it in her to keep up the pace for another whole year. *I* think we can do it, though!

5. Has your opinion of blogging on a schedule or as the spirit moves you changed?
*My* opinion? Nope-ity-nope-nope!

6. If you publish on a schedule, why? How strict are you about your publishing deadlines? What do you do for inspiration when it feels like you’ve covered every topic?
I am very strict with the Human. There's a very good reason Ceiling Cat gave us 18 razor-sharp claws and a bunch of pearly teefs.

*I* am all the inspiration I or The Human needs. I am endlessly fascinating and even if we blogged for fifty years, we could never do justice to the Glorious Enigma that is King Spitty I.

If you don’t publish on a schedule, why? How do you think your decision affects your audience? How do you know when a topic is “post-worthy?”
What are you talking about???  All topics concerning Me are post-worthy! 

7. How much time do you spend writing your blog per week? How much time visiting other blogs? Share your tips for staying on top of it all.
We probably spend about two hours a day, sometimes more, doing our post and visiting our friends. We love getting comments and we try really, really hard to comment each day on the blogs of my friends who left me a comment and lots of days on some others as well. 
The Human says The Blog has kind of taken over her evenings and that sometimes she'd like to spend time with, you know, her friends, or watch a little TV, or read a book, or (gasp) do some schoolwork.
My position is that she does not need to do any of that stuff.

8. How do you measure the success of a post and of your blog in general (comments, shares, traffic)?
We don't really pay attention to that. I pretty much think that anything I get posted counts as a success. That said, once in awhile a post gets a whole bunch of comments and I don't know why. Usually it has nothing to do with how much time I spent on it or how good or bad the picture is or anything I can figure out. 
It must be the alignment of Saturn and Pluto.

Do you look strictly at the numbers, or do you have a way of assessing the quality of those interactions?
Since we never really looks at the numbers, it must be that other thing, though like Nellie I do not have interactions, I have furiends and I think they all has a lot of quality.

9. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one issue you’re having with your blog, what would it be?
My Human seems to wait till I am sleeping to take her pictures. This is because she is lazy and unskilled at taking more action shots. I wouldn't care much about this, but everyone seems to think I am comatose most of the time.
I think maybe she needs to buy a better camera so pictures where I am moving won't be so blurry.

10. What goals do you have for your blog in 2013?
I have found goals to be overrated. Plus, having goals just makes The Blog seem too much like a j-o-b, and she already has one of those that takes up like 11 hours a day. 
I think we'll just wait and see what happens this year.

40 comments:

Cotton said...

There was a blogger challenge?? Hmmm...
Cotton

Ivan from WMD said...

I am pretty awestruck that you posted every day. But "I can't complain as much as I would like to"? You're a cat, Spitty. Complaining is our birthright! How else can we keep humans in line or on their toes?

Sweet Purrfections said...

We missed this challenge! Our goals are to continue posting every day and to visit as many furriends as possible.

Unknown said...

Spitty!
Me LOVES your answers! And Me thinks next year, yous should post first, that way me can take your ideas and get my Mommy to do them, likes bligs everyday! Me thinks we should, but me can't gets Mommy to commit...she says there is Daddy, and Bob and Cinnamon and the Brat and Beary Good Stuff, and her Job and painting and renovations and cooking dinner and getting some sleep.
Me thinks that me is the most impawtant and to hell with everything else!
Kisses
Nellie

brokenteepee said...

Priscilla posted every day for three years I think. Then her (?) age got the better of her and now she takes Sundays off. Oftentimes she will do a weeks worth of posts at once and schedule them. Then it is not so onerous. For Pricilla

The Florida Furkids said...

We think posting every day is great but sometimes the humans let life interfere....silly humans.

The Florida Furkids

Cathy Keisha said...

I tried to get TW to do this blogger challenge but she said keeping up with my blog and commenting WAS a challenge. BTW I have to remember that quote and use it on FB: "There's a very good reason Ceiling Cat gave us 18 razor-sharp claws and a bunch of pearly teefs."—King Spitty

The Island Cats said...

Spitty, we found this blogger challenge...well, too much of a challenge. But we enjoyed reading your answers to these questions, 'specially the parts where you disagreed with your human. And Spitty, we agree...goals are waaaaay overrated.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Spitty, the biggest problem with having goals for humans is they will inevitably fall short and you will be disappointed in them. Or should I say, more disappointed than usual.

Just Ducky said...

Yep, the Pack got smack'd! Deserved to lose. Good luck next week.

Max said...

Aw man, I didn't know there was a challenge. Probably because the Woman has been hogging the computer and I never know ANYTHING.

Angel Prancer Pie said...

We all were supposed to do it??? Well, in the interest of pawticipation, we will say gettin our Mommy upright and movin is the biggest goal we've had and managed to obtain. HaHaMeow!

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Gosh, we didnt know there was a challenge so you're way ahead of us! MOL Love the pictures of your adorable little face!

Star says: Niners? I'm supposed to root for niners? Is that like rooting like a pig in the mud? Uh.. pass! Oh wait, isn't that a human game where they run back and forth chasing some weird shaped ball? I'm pretty posessive about my toy balls, so I don't know that I would like a game where you have to throw it to other people, or kick it!
That picture of you with your tongue out... *faint*
XOXOXO

Mr Puddy said...

Everyday Blogging ?...I wish your human good luck..I really wish !...I really do.

I just love your answers, Sir..You are totally in charge ! Kudos to you.

And Buddy, Don't worried about your comment go Poof !
( for my interview ) Me count you in..You just need to make sure the alignment of Saturn and Pluto are in the right position..MOL

Actually, I really happy you will blog every day : )

GLOGIRLY said...

You're blogging like a rock star, Spitty!!! We LOVE your daily musings and you always make us laugh!!!

So, Blogger Challenge??? We didn't know about it. I guess you could call us...challenged.

; ) Katie

A Tonk's Tail said...

*sigh* Humans and their silly, flimsy, oh-so-transparent excuses. Really. Eleven hours away? Pffft. That's still 13 hours to serve YOU.

Catio Tales said...

Interesting answers, my royal friend. Wethinks your Human does pretty well with this challenge but as she no doubt says to her students, there's always room for improvement. Interesting point about the photos though. We just thought you do sleep a lot!

Angel Simba said...

We enjoyed reading your answers. For ourselves, we are unaware of this annual ritual. And we have no goals other than to have some fun. Yours is one of our fav blogs, Spitty.

Mollie said...

We missed this challenge, we didn't know it even existed :) Better to be late than never..BOL Have a funtaztic Sunday xxooxx

Mollie and Alfie

CATachresis said...

Blimey Spitty! You got your human well trained, even if she does complain like moaning minny!! I am still in negotiations with mine for at least some blog time!!! Missing being in the melee!!!

Katie Isabella said...

Spitty darling,I loved reading your answers. I didn't know there was a challange either although sadly, mom and I read blogs in which there were interesting answers. You would THINK she'd (and me) get a clue from THAT. But no. Right now she can't help me like she did but that time will come again.

Meanwhile, MY mom also takes a lot of pictures of me lying down. While I am not asleep in many, one would think I never move at all. She has an excellent camera that can capture action...so what's her problem??

XXXOOO

Jacqueline said...

We enjoyed your post, but we enjoy all your posts, King Spitty, although we knew nothing of a blog challenge (OUR Mommy is clueless!)~and we are really impressed by how handsome you are, even when you are comatose!...Swooning and sending kisses...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

A blog challenge.. We did not know. Enjoyed reading your post today though.. Hugs GJ xx

Pat Hatt said...

Sure you can do it for another year with ease, go for it. And yeah does take a lot of time, good luck getting those action shots too.

Mariodacat said...

We haven't gotten into the challenge thing either. M says she can't keep up anyway between my bloggy and her own blog. That's enough for her to handle she says. Her goal is no a bloggy when the mood strikes her! I think she should do more posts in my bloggy and forget about hers.

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

Oohhh... I liked your answers very much! They were such fun to read!!! purrs

Unknown said...

Who cares if you are a day late, you did an awesome job of it. Right from the heart, Spitty. I love it that you (of course) provided the answers!

The Furries of Whisppy said...

We enjoyed your answers, especially the bit on you being *comatose*. MOL!

Unknown said...

They use ta do teh spring training in tooson but now it seems to be feenix so all we haz iz teh U of A but that iz okai fur me cuz I duz nawt care fur teh base ball, it iz too hard an fast. I prefurr teh soft wooly balls at mai howse an I think you wud enjoy them too dear Spitty. *purrrrr*

Misaki @ misadventuresofMisaki said...

great answers spitty, mummy is rubbish at taking photos of me too

Katnip Lounge said...

Spitty, you put us to shame. Mommy put her foot down on commenting and we only get around to visit twice a week, tops! Some more than others, but still. How she thinks she's the boss of us is perplexing, to say the least.

Marg said...

You are so right Spitty, every post you make is just riveting. Who cares if you are asleep most of the time. We just love seeing your black furs. Anyway, have a great day. All your answers were terrific.

Pretinha said...

Gostei, ótimas respostas.

Ellen Whyte said...

There was a blogger challenge?!?!

OUr survunt is sooooo lame!

Anonymous said...

Good work keeping your Human in line and working hard, Spitty -- mom and I just love reading your blog posts!

Cathy Keisha said...

Concats on the Niners' win. TW was happy; Pop wasn't. I think I found out why TW was being kind to me. When you visit me, you'll find out.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We didnt know about it, but we looked at the questions when somekitty did them a few days ago an we didnt wanna answer them annyway. We loved YER answers though.

Texas, a Cat in... Austin said...

"The Human says The Blog has kind of taken over her evenings"

Ah! Mine is saying EXACTLY the same thing. So I told her if he would take care of my blog all day long, it would not take over her evenings! She sighed.

Purrs

Anonymous said...

oh Cat! you got the HUMAN to actually do this post?! My Mom just did not even know about it!! And then she learned and still would not do it...sheeeesh! BTW nice answers, purrrs

Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about this challenge, haha.