Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Dear Readers: A Plan for 2019

Spitty the Kitty hard at work planning the New Year
So Kitties, as you know, Yours Truly has been blogging off & on for going on NINE long years. As Loyal Commenter Miss Megan from Sydney observed, 2018 was pretty much a disaster for Spitty(Didn't)Speaks(Much).

My post total came in at a dismal 169 (#It'sADisgrace). And yet . . . something is missing;  je nais ce quoi -- call it Inspiration. 

But Miss Megan is not one to criticize without offering a solution! And we have taken her suggestions to heart and added a few of our own.

Now, we are not saying we will post every day--the Human and I are elderly, after all, and haven't that much energy or ambition, but surely we can up our numbers in 2019! 

So, with the able assistance of Miss Megan (okay, with a ton of assistance from Miss Megan) we have come up with some new posting categories (à la Wordless Wednesday or Thankful Thursday, but with our own adaptations).

Some of these include:
  • Playtimes: Expectation vs. Reality
  • Spitty's Forecasts
  • Things I Wish They'd Told Me About Getting Older
  • Daily Disappointments
  • Tricking Stoopy Humans
  • Things That Annoy Me
  • This Time Five Years Ago
  • If Kitties Ran the World
Stay tuned.

18 comments:

Megan said...

Ooooh Spitty. I'm really looking forward to the Daily Disappointments posts. I'm thinking that the Human is going to feature in 99% of them - yes?!

And the Things That Annoy Me posts - boy, they're going to be lengthy pieces!

As you know, I simply can't get enough of you, so it doesn't matter all that much to me what you post about, I just want you to post. Keep the Attitude going and share it with all of us.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Lone Star Cats said...

A lack of bacon today wuz my daily disappointment.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

These all sound good to me!

Pam and Teddy said...

I am intrigued......as a mere kitten of practically three years who lives with an elderly human or two, it's tough maintaining some sort of balance around here. "They" are rather inactive whereas I am all over the place. It hasn't effected my blogging habit though - I'm still on the "daily blog" platform which does keep my Mom somewhat "engaged" as she types since unlike my Angel brother Sammy who had extra toesies to type, I am NOT so endowed. Anyway, I love your schedule - it contains some most interesting post possibilities. I wish you luck!

Hugs, Teddy

TurtleLover said...

That sounds interesting and I shall stay tuned! I"m curious to see the THINGS THAT ANNOY ME
ha ha ha

Eastside Cats said...

Well, Spitty and Mom; a new adventure! Cool!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is some good things to work with Spitty!

Cathy Keisha said...

Happy New Year, my sweet! Daily Disappointments sounds like something Grumpy Cat would do. HAH! You have us beat. TW only gave me 146 posts last year and like half of them were music posts. I hope you'll join in when I do my amazing facts posts and maybe some outtakes.

Dad P said...

Can't wait to see what transpires Spitty. Bring them on!!

Ivan from WMD said...

We can empathize, Spitty. But we know by your photo that you are hard at work thinking about it.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Love your category choices and wish you luck!! I am no one to talk, I have been blogging EXTREMELY sporadically and I actually see myself blogging LESS in 2019 (partly because of our new granddaughter and things I hope to accomplish this year that are NOT blog related).....I actually have been trying to break away more from blogging/social media.......will see how that works!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood.....will we get ta see sum cheez in de windowz again ! ;)

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

It sounds like you will have some interesting posts coming up, but at the Human's expense!

Just Ducky said...

Shaking things up Spitty. Will stay tuned.

Louche Tabby said...

Spitty, hun - you are still very stretchy. #stillgotit

pilch92 said...

I look forward to more posts from you. Happy New Year! XO

meowmeowmans said...

Wow, that's an awesome start to your 2019 content calendar, Spitty!

The Island Cats said...

Looks like a good plan, Spitty. Honestly, we love hearing from you no matter what...even if it’s not often. :)