Sunday, January 13, 2019

Playtimes: Expectations v. Reality

So today, I got to play with my valerian-soaked yellow ball.  I would say expectations were met and even exceeded.

The Human is a bit conflicted, however. She bought these innocently enough at a rather chi-chi, upscale pet store about a year ago. She subsequently learned why it is I love them sooooooo much--they are real fur. Ugh, she said. And contemplated taking them away. Not on your life, I said, unsheathing every claw and baring my fangs. You'll notice I got to keep them.

13 comments:

Sasha said...

RIP it up, Spitty!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

The mistake's been made - too late for your human! Of course you get to keep them.

Lone Star Cats said...

Well, since dey has already been bought . . .

Megan said...

Fabulous playtime, Spitty. And if your Human has already purchased those balls, then there's absolutely nothing to be gained by throwing them away at this stage. Play on!

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Brian's Home Blog said...

They are yours Spitty and should stay yours!

Eastside Cats said...

I certainly understand how your momma feels, Spitty!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

as you should Spitty! After all, you ARE a CAT!!

Pam and Teddy said...

Atta boy - put your foot (er....I mean claw) down!!

Hugs, Teddy

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I understand your human's feelings, but it is too late for the animal who originally owned the fur, and if you were outdoors you would be hunting your own furry creatures. I say enjoy your furry balls and don't let her make you feel guilty.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

LOL! I just reread my comment about your furry balls. I think it is rather too late for that!

Ivan from WMD said...

We heard there was some toy with fur here a long time ago. Apparently William liked to groom it.

pilch92 said...

Well, it is already dead so enjoy it :)

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

UM, we sometimes actually eat real fur with real animals wearing it....