Monday, January 3, 2011

"You'd better not pout"

The Human went back to her j-o-b today, without even asking me if I was done having her home with me all the time. And you know, I wasn't.

I think I miss her presence throughout my day, poking and prodding at me inside my little tent, picking me up (!) without permission, waking me from a sound slumber to ask if I'd like some brushies (Well, duh, of course I would!) and otherwise including me in her daily life, even if that sometimes meant I had to contend with ::shudder:: "guests."

But she insists the j-o-b is necessary for our comfy little life, and that I probably would not be happy if we had to go live in her car. I guess I can't argue with that.

Also, please note that in today's photo I have one red and one green eye. The Human was going to use the "Fix red eye" feature in her photo editor, but then she decided, Hey--it's still the holiday season!

I think I look sort of festive. Oh, and the pouting? I'm guessing Santa will forget this little episode by next Christmas.

15 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Sometimes I wish my human would get one of those job things that take her out of the house. Sometimes she does not understand the difference between being at my beck and call and just being annoyingly present. Or maybe she just needs more training.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Wel, that the Beins. They leave before you are ready. They come back too soon when you are JUST getting used to the place without them, and they feed you too late!

Raymond and Busby said...

Spitty, we're sorry your Mom went back to work today. She really should have asked your permission.

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Rumblemum goes back tomorrow. I'm very displeased.

Stacy Hurt said...

So is that port or starboard? LOL I'm thrilled when That Woman is gone; I can do whatever I want...even if it means wandering around looking for sun bars to stop off in.

xoxo
Ms. Stella O'Houligan

Mr Puddy said...

Spitty, your story made me scared !!!!!!
What will happen to me when mom go back to work ?
I will have hallucination for Sure !!!

Kea said...

We think you can pout until November. Then...maybe not. :-P

Our human went back to work yesterday too. Now she's not around to feed us 6 times before noon.

Teddy Westlife said...

Mine is going back to work tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the peace and quiet.

Admiral Hestorb said...

Spitty, come on over here. MY mommy will cater to your every whim..and she does the best brushies too. Not better than your mom but pretty darn good. I sorts kinda sometimes ..well...drool. But that's in a good way!
xoxo

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

yes you certainly don't want to live in the car! lol
I never even noticed the eyes til you mentioned it! Shows how observant I am! :)

Katnip Lounge said...

Spitty, It's only right that your Human works, after all, YOU don't want to work, do you? We thought not. Us girls will come over (with our pole) and entertain you. The Baby has some new Scornful Looks she wants to practice.

Ann Dziemianowicz said...

You're still cute even if you are pouty! Hope your day got better! :)

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Spitty
We pouted because Mom had to leave us for 1/2 a day today. WE don't like Mom leaving at all, so we understand the pouts and we bet Santa would too.

♥♥♥♥♥♥
purrin
xoxoxox
♥♥♥♥♥♥

The Island Cats said...

Spitty, our mom went back to work too...and she didn't ask our permission either!!

Jacqueline said...

We LOVE your sexy pout, handsome!...There is always room here if you care to join us :)...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki